By using Botox®, Dysport® or Xeomin® our aesthetic medicine team can redefine your natural beauty in just minutes. We are able to contour cheeks and smooth out wrinkles while also simulating the effects of cosmetic surgery without going "under the knife" which has no downtime nor risks associated with it!
What is Botox®?
Botox is a cosmetic treatment that we offer here at Halo Laser & Aesthetic Medicine. It is one of the most common ways to reverse aging. Botox temporarily relaxes and smooths the appearance of facial wrinkles and fine lines. Botox is most commonly used on the forehead, between the eyebrows, and around the eyes. Botox is injected into specific muscles in the face using a fine needle, and the effects typically last three to six months.
Most common areas where Botox® is applied
- Forehead wrinkles - between the eyebrows and across the forehead
- Crow's feet - wrinkles at the corners of the eyes
- Frown lines - wrinkles between the eyebrows
- Bunny lines - wrinkles on the bridge of the nose
- Chin wrinkles - horizontal lines on the chin
- Lip lines - wrinkles around the lips.
Ideal Botox® Candidates in Glenview
Ideal candidates for Botox® injections are individuals who are seeking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, specifically those caused by muscle contractions, such as frown lines, crow's feet, and forehead wrinkles. The ideal candidates are:
- Healthy adults with good skin elasticity and no active skin infections in the treatment area
- Non-smokers or individuals who quit smoking at least two weeks prior to treatment
- Individuals with realistic expectations about the results of Botox
- Individuals who are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Individuals who do not have a known allergy to Botulinum toxin type A, the active ingredient in Botox
It is recommended that individuals seeking Botox discuss their medical history and treatment goals with a licensed healthcare provider to determine if they are good candidates for the procedure.
Look Younger in Minutes with Botox®, Dysport, Xeomin
We can also:
- Smooth wrinkles and facial folds.
- Smooth acne scarring.
- Perform a non-surgical nose job (rhinoplasty).
- Augment your chin.
- Perform a liquid facelift.
- Perform an eyelid repair or lift.
- Smooth frown lines.
- Create and sculpt cheekbones.
- Create fuller lips or balance uneven lips.
- Repair earlobes.
Botox® for Excessive Sweating and Migraines
Botox® is not just for cosmetic purposes, it can also be used to reduce excessive underarm or palm sweating. For sufferers of migraine headaches this will provide relief by mitigating pain and symptoms!
Palm sweating is not just a minor annoyance, it can be an embarrassing problem. The way people dress and present themselves may change because of excessive underarm or palm Sweating which prevents them from doing so in the best light possible- with their self confidence suffering as well!
Botox® has been FDA-approved to treat excessive sweating of the underarms, palms and feet. You will notice a significant reduction in sweating within 4 weeks after your first treatment with it as well! The results last for 6 months or more on average so don't let this problem go unchecked - book an appointment today
How Much Botox® Will I Need?
Clients new to Botox® often ask the same question before treatment: How many units will I need?
It's hard to give a one-size fits all answer when it comes down how much Botox® an individual will need. The amount of toxin depends on multiple factors, and every person is different so there are no rules or guidelines that can apply in every situation as well! However from what I've learned about this process - its wonderful because they're able make sure your treatment meets 100% with their needs rather than just guessing at something based off previous experiences
While it's possible to achieve the same end result with fewer units of Botox depending on how many different areas you're interested in treating, there is no guaranteed way for obtaining an exact number. This means that when determining how much drug will be needed per facial muscle group - which varies drastically from person-to eye greatly affecting their final appearance!
The following characteristics help determine what kind or amount requires:
- Differing Aesthetic Goals: Some people prefer a completely frozen result, while others like to maintain movement in the minimized capacity. For example many women choose not have their foreheads move at all and most men would rather allow for slight head movements when cutting meat or baking goods such as breads - which can lead them into believing it's still fresh!
- Different Muscle Strengths: The forehead muscles are extremely complex and powerful. Even someone with weak, little-used foreheads can make some noise if they use their strength in an unneighborly way! That is why it takes more Botox® to quiet the movement of these large masses than just about any other part on your body - because this area has so much motor activity going on at all times (no wonder people call them "the engine").
- Pre-Existing Situations: The older you are, the more wrinkles your face will have. The best way to get rid of them is by using dermal fillers like Restylane or Beluma which can smooth out laugh lines and expressions for a rejuvenated look that people won't be able stop noticing! The results these treatments provide last about 6 months before needing another touch up session- but don’t worry because there's no down time either; they're completely painless so long as patients follow instructions precisely (and take precautions against sun exposure).
- Different face shapes and sizes: For example, people with larger foreheads will require more units of Botox than those who have a smaller one.
- Metabolism: The effects of Botox® last for varying amounts depending on the individual and their rate at which it's broken down in comparison to other people. Although there is no one set answer, most patients will require additional treatments after two months if they have a slower metabolism or less than perfect skin quality in order maintain results long-term
Will I Look Fake?
Does Botox® Hurt?
Are There Side Effects to Botox®?
How Long Does Treatment Take?
The actual injections only take about 10 minutes but depending on what area needs treating can vary based upon several factors like how big an area we're talking about (e say face) or if there are other medical conditions such as diabetes which would affect dosage requirements - our staff will help devise either 1 session per day consisting solelyof shots throughout each part(which usually takes 3-4 days),
What are Botox® Results Like?
What is the Botox® Recovery Time?
What is Dysport?
What is it Like to Get the Injections?
What Kind of Results Can I Expect from Dysport?
Does Dysport Have Any Side Effects?
What is Xeomin?
Frown lines are caused by muscles between the eyebrows contracting as you frown or squint. As you age, your skin loses its elasticity, and then repeated movements cause frown lines. Xeomin affects nerve endings so that that muscles don’t contract. Since the muscles do not contract, the injections temporarily reduce those frown lines.